Early Intervention for Autism
Did you know that early intervention can make a huge difference for children who are diagnosed with autism? Recent studies have shown that early intervention can improve social skills, communication, and cognitive abilities. There is even evidence that it can help prevent some of the more serious symptoms associated with an autism spectrum disorder.
Our early intervention program provides comprehensive therapy for children with autism. Our therapists are trained in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and use proven techniques to help kids learn how to communicate, socialize, and play.
ABA Centers of America Works Toward the Following Goals
Learning critical life skills
Alternatives to unwanted behavior
Building up inherent strengths
Developing social and communication skills
How Does Early Intervention Help With Autism?
The earlier children with autism receive treatment, the better their long-term outcomes. ABA therapy is based on scientific research and has been proven to be effective for children of all ages. Our early intervention program provides a highly individualized approach that allows your child to progress at his or her own pace. We tailor the program specifically for your child’s needs and goals. Our trained therapists will work closely with you to create an individualized plan that helps your child reach his or her full potential.
ABA Therapy for toddlers, children and adolescents may include emphasis and positive reinforcement on:
- Communication skills
- Potty training
- Social skills
- Getting dressed
- Attention and focus
- Parent training
Individualized ABA Therapy
Individualized ABA Therapy
What to Expect
A typical course of ABA therapy involves 20-40 hours a week for 1-3 years. ABA therapy programs are designed by our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and conducted by our Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs). Both are governed and licensed by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
Our treatment begins with a BCBA getting to know your family, learning what behaviors you’re interested in improving and conducting an assessment to measure skills and abilities.
Using the results from the assessment, our BCBAs collaborate with the family to create specific, reachable objectives to address desired behavior, new skills and recommended goals.
The BCBA develops a program to teach target skills. Then an RBT works directly with the clients to implement the agreed-upon therapy and collect critical data.
The BCBA and RBT work together, measuring targeted skills and making changes to the program if necessary.
- Autism Diagnosis / Autism Testing ABA Centers of America offers thorough autism screening, autism testing, and autism diagnosis.
- In-home ABA Therapy Our autism-care therapists bring their expertise to the environment where the client is most comfortable—home.
- Clinic Services Our center for autism care is a good environment for ABA Therapy when in-home treatment is not convenient. Our therapists make sure clients are comfortable and see our clinic as a place where they come to learn from friends.
- Telehealth We can work with clients and families to create an effective remote program or a hybrid with some telehealth and some in-person behavioral therapy.
- Caregiver Training For one to two hours a week, you’ll absorb the basics of Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy as you work with your ABA specialist and your child. We emphasize “caregiver” in our training programs because we feel it’s essential to work with anyone and everyone who is a significant presence in the child’s life.
- Community Life Skills We provide training that helps people with autism deal with the demands of daily life. The training often involves real-life settings like the grocery store or a social outing to help people with autism function with as much independence as possible.